Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tangled

 
Every since I saw the movie Tangled I was so inspired to do costumes for the whole family. Such a new theme and wasn't too overdone all over pinterest. Though it was hard to come up with it all. The hardest part was trying to get Maximus to look like Maximus the General Horse. When I went looking around on the web all the horse costumes I found were no way close to the idea I had. So it became a challenging project!
 
First step; The crochet horse hat.
Had it custom made through Etsy.
Second Step; Find a white one piece jump suit. Found at Target and just tucked in the hood.
Third step; Added some of the same yarn onto the back of the suit to create a horse's tail
Completed look;
 

 
 
Flynn Rider Vest
 I decided to create the Flynn Rider vest pattern all on my own. Too expensive to buy. So I found some vinyl straps at the fabric store and drafted the pattern myself, which took a lot more time than I thought it was. Individually cut each piece and added seam allowance.
 
Rapunzel Corset
 
Choosing the fabric and trims for the corset was probably my favorite part. I decided to make a few different changes to the design. I used shoulder pads inside of my shoulder sleeves to give it more of puffy appeal.
 
 
 
 
This family was ready for some Tangled fun

No comments:

Post a Comment